We are commited to teaching the Bible faithfully. We believe that the purest human expression of Scriptural doctrines is found in the Westminster Confession of Faith.
We believe that salvation is by God's drawing people to Jesus by His Holy Spirit. He convinces them of their sin and enlightens them so that they repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as He is offered in the Gospel.
- We believe in the Trinity. There is one God who exists eternally in three Persons--the Father, acting alone, who saves His people by the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are one in power and glory.
- We believe in the full divinity and the full humanity of Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God. He is the fullest and final revelation of God to mankind.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, as the eternal Son of God, became man, lived, died and rose again to atone for the sins of those who trust Him alone for their salvation. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and mankind.
- We believe that the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is our infallible and divine authority in all matters of faith and life.
- We believe that God's Holy Spirit gives Christians the daily strength and wisdom they need to walk according to His will and to grow in holiness.
- We believe that all people are sinners and are unable to save themselves or even co-operate with God in efforts to earn their salvation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ shall return personally, visibly and bodily to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto Himself.
A great summary of our beliefs is short declaration often known as "the Apostles Creed":
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy universal church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.